Wednesday 3 April 2013

Quick & Easy, Gluten-Free Banana Muffins

This recipe was adapted from a friend sharing on fb.  I was so excited to try it out, as it looked way easier than most from scratch gluten-free recipes.  Most I come across have a mile long ingredients list and they turn out awful.

So I even doubled the recipe when making these the first time because it was so simple and my friend was going on about how absolutely delicious they were.







Gluten-Free Banana Muffins


3 Large Ripe Bananas 


3/4 cup sugar (I used organic) 


1 beaten egg (can use flax or apple sauce for 


replacement) 

1 tsp baking soda


1 tsp baking powder


1/2 tsp salt 


1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill

All Purpose GF Flour) 

1/3 melted butter (I softened mine in the microwave)



Top with Epicure's Dark Belgian Chocolate and 


Cherries & Berries.



Mash banana's. Add sugar and egg. Add melted and 


dry ingredients. 

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes 



Keep an eye on these in the oven.  They will go from wet to golden in a matter of minutes.  I watched them fairly closely.



Here is the process...  (Remember I doubled mine)




This is my masher.  This is the very best kitchen tool I have EVER purchased.  I use this baby 4-6 times a week for different things.  Potatoes, making guacamole, anytime I have to deal with ground beef/chicken/turkey, and for my delicious banana muffins.  I LOVE this masher because it is super easy to use and the consistencies of foods vary.  I like to leave my bananas a little chunky for muffins...







Do you know the Muffin Man?  My little friend helped me top the muffins (while sneaking handfuls of the chocolate)





Mmmmm.... this is where they started to smell AMAZING!



And here's the finished product!  YUMMMM!



I'm linking up to a party here :


Photobucket


Catch a Glimpse Button


ThePinJunkie

No comments:

Post a Comment