Thursday 4 April 2013

Meals for the week

I'm feeling very inspired by my dear friend who was inspired by the recipes I shared on fb.  I'm hoping to figure out how to create a 'Recipes' tab on here where it will be fast and easy to find.  Here's hoping my bloggy buddy I'm meeting with soon will hook us up!

Anyway, I'd like to share the recipes I made earlier this week, all in one day.  I prefer to binge cook, and I often make 4-6 recipes in one day.  I freeze in portions for later consumption.  Its way easier for me than dealing with the burden of daily meal preparation.  That's when I get the blahs... having to cook/plan daily.  Also, I will be returning to work in a few weeks & I am motivated to fill my freezer before doomsday so that we have quick weeknight options.  


Can I just throw in that I am typing all this with my left hand... as I am holding my wee little one who won't nap in his crib this afternoon.  He was in there for long enough that I switched the laundry over, swept/scrubbed the entryway,  had a snack & read a book with my middle dude.  I'm way better at this than I thought.  Maybe 20 wpm or so. haha.




(I am aware the blanket is pink... We were also making pink forts today.)  


Ok, back to the recipes.  You will notice that most of what I am cooking contains some kind of Epicure products.  Its taken over our kitchen.  Seriously.  Look at the wall....






While walking through the grocery store I picked up what was on sale (pork tenderloin & ground beef), and also some delicious looking sweet potatoes.  I used the recipe search on the Epicure Selections website to find recipes for my ingredients.  I was delighted to find one that was for pork tenderloin & sweet potatoes!!

Here it is!  


I also made the recipes on the side of the jars for Epicure's Classic Meatballs & Everyday Meatloaf.

Here are the links:


http://www.epicureselections.com/en/recipe/1533/classic-meatballs


http://www.epicureselections.com/en/recipe/2387/everyday-meatloaf



These recipes are super easy.  I spent only about 45 mins doing prep.  I froze half the meatloaf (cooked them in mini pans so it was easier to portion).  


The pork was enough for dinner & lunches twice (there may actually be a bit left kicking around in the fridge).  


We used the meatballs for spaghetti.  I made the sauce:




EASY SPAGHETTI SAUCE


1 can diced tomato

2 tbsp Epicure's Marinara Sauce Mix
1 1/2 cups cauliflour (steamed and pureed)

I used my Mix & Masher on the tomatoes first, then I simmered all ingredients together for about 20 minutes.





It was a hit!



The meatloaf is on the menu tonight with oven fries and steamed broccoli.  



Happy Meal Planning!  





No comments:

Post a Comment