Thursday 7 August 2014

Creamy Dilly Cucumber Bean Salad

I'm still in salad mode while the weather stays nice. I love salads of all  kinds, and I love trying new things! If you missed them, check out my recipes for Greek Quinoa SaladTaco Bean Salad & Cranberry Arborio Salad.

In the past few weeks the neighbours' garden has had a surplus of cucumbers. First of all I'd like to say this makes me sad & sentimental as we have not found the time for our garden over the past two summers. I loved my garden. I really wanted to have a small one this year but there are just not enough hours in the day with my little army of boys around here. My hope is that next summer the two older boys will be excited & helpful with a little garden. But I digress, I'd like to thank my neighbours for growing too much and sharing. It also makes me very happy to have fresh produce from their lovely garden and I love the inspiration for new recipes to use these fresh veggies!








The smell of the fresh cucumbers took me back and got my thinking about a salad my mom used to make. I'm pretty sure it was just sour cream, vinegar, salt & pepper. It was so yummy. Oh, maybe there was some sugar as well. I really can't remember so I'm making a mental note to call and ask her later.... Who am I kidding? I pretty much already forget what I'm talking about.

I hope you'll try this recipe and I really hope you'll like it as much as I do. I also tested it on a small group of friends who all enjoyed it! (Unless they were just being good friends and that's ok too!)




Creamy Dilly Cucumber Bean Salad

3 cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/4 c red onion, thinly sliced
1 can mixed beans
1/3 c sour cream
1/3 c white vinegar
2 tsp Epicure's 3 Onion Dip Seasoning (you can substitute for any onion soup mix, but it won't be nearly as delicious)
2 tsp dill




Combine first three ingredients together in a large bowl. I found it easier to toss them than to stir. Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over salad. I used a bowl with a lid and tossed everything. You'll want to let it stand for a minimum of 1 hour in the fridge before serving.




I hope you enjoy this delicious, summery salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment