Wednesday 1 May 2013

Time to Balance....

This week has been interesting so far.  I have started back to my full-time job at the hospital.  This has been a huge adjustment for me.  I had anticipated the worst.... planned for it.  As it turns out, all the prior worrying that I suffered through about the kids starting with the sitter, and the meals being prepared... all that was for nothing!  Somehow, we are managing just fine!  

I have been making meal plans the night before (which is a big deal for me... I'm a 5 o'clock "what's for supper" kind of person).  I have even been packing my lunch for work at night and hubby is packing the kids.  Its crazy....

Last night we made it to the pool on time for swimming lessons, and tonight I even did some groceries after work. I know!  Amazing!




So I fear that in all of this, my blog will be pushed farther and farther to the bottom of the priority list.  I am setting some goals for the blog this week.  For example, I'm sticking to this quilt thing and I plan to post weekly starting on Friday.  This will likely be the only post each week for a while.  I am quite looking forward to sharing my progress, and I am really hoping that this quilt will give me the few hours a week of peace and quiet that I will be needing.  

Hopefully, every now and then I will be able to share the recipes that I am throwing together in the slow cooker.  Maybe a weekly menu.... Actually, I like this idea as I type it so I will try my best to share something quick (the recipes are QUICK!  Believe me!)

Have a great rest-of-the-week!  I will be back on Friday when I start the quilt-along, and I hope you will enjoy seeing the progress.  Who knows?!  Maybe you'll be inspired to start something of your own! 


Oh! One more thing!  I suppose I should comment on work.... Its been crazy how quickly it all comes back! I can't believe it that I feel like I was never gone.  I owe a lot of that to WONDERFUL co-workers who are more than willing to help to keep me on track.  I think that after a few more days I will have my time management back on track, and I will be back to full capacity!  I didn't realize how much I missed it until back into it!




No comments:

Post a Comment