Wednesday 24 April 2013

Team Umizoomi Hat, Crochet Pattern

Today I am excited to share something that has taken me my whole crocheting career (haha) to accomplish.  I have always been able to read patterns, and I generally look online for free/low cost patterns when I am crocheting.

I was, however, unable to find a pattern I liked for a hat that a friend ordered for her daughter.  I searched high and low (well, I used google) and didn't come up with anything I liked.  So.... I made my own.  This might not seem like a big deal to anyone.  It was to me!  I haven't ever thought about anything that I have made... never really thought about what kind of mathematical skills go into developing a pattern...




Anyway, it didn't take as long as I had anticipated.  I came up with a cute little hat in no time at all.

Here it is,  I have decided to share this free pattern here for your crocheting pleasure, for a limited time.

I have listed my materials at the top.  Please let me know if there is anything that doesn't work, doesn't add up... I found it was difficult writing it out so hopefully if there are any errors they are in the typing and not the actual pattern :)



TEAM UMIZOOMI HAT CROCHET PATTERN







For this hat I used Loops & Threads Impeccable (Arbor Rose, Butterscotch).  I used a random white with flecks of orange & pink for the flower, and I used Red Heart Super Saver for the Braids.

Hook Size 5.00mm

This yields a hat for toddler size (It was made for an almost 3-year-old).



Hat
With PINK
Rnd 1:  Magic ring (LINK BELOW). Ch 2 in ring then 9 HCD.
Rnd 2: Ch 2.  2 HDC in each HDC around.  Join with sl. (18 HDC)
Rnd 3: Ch 2. *2 HDC in 1st HDC, 1 HDC in Next* repeat around. Join with sl. (27 HDC)
Rnd 4: Ch 2. *2 HDC in 1st HDC, 1 HDC in Next 2 HDC* repeat around. Join with sl. (36 HDC)
Rnd 5: Ch 2. *2 HDC in 1st HDC, 1 HDC in Next 3 HDC* repeat around. Join with sl. (45 HDC)
Rnd 6: Ch 2. *2 HDC in 1st HDC, 1 HDC in Next 4 HDC* repeat around. Join with sl. (54 HDC)
Rnd 7: Ch 2. *2 HDC in 1st HDC, 1 HDC in Next 5 HDC* repeat around. Join with sl. (63 HDC)
Rnd 8: Ch 2. *2 HDC in 1st HDC, 1 HDC in Next 31 HDC* repeat around. Join with sl. (65 HDC)
Rnd 9-15: Ch 2. 1 HDC in each around. Join with sl. 
Join YELLOW
Rnd 16: Ch 1. SC in each around. Join with sl.
Rnd 17-21:  Ch 1. BPSC in each around. Join with sl.  Fasten off.


Here is a great link with photo instructions for making a magic ring:



Flowers (Make 6)
Ch 2.
Rnd 1: 5 SC in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl. Ch 1.
Rnd 2: *sl, SC, HDC, DC, HDC, SC* in each SC around. (5 pedals) Join with sl.  Fasten off leaving long tail.


Braid Holders (Make 2)
Rnd 1: Magic Ring. Ch 2. 7 HDC in ring. Join with sl.
Rnd 2: Ch 2. 2 HDC in each around. Join with sl. (14 HDC).
Rnd 3: Ch 2. BPHDC in each around. Join with sl. Fasten off leaving long tail.


Braid: (Make 2)
Using orange or red, make braid in desired length and thickness.

Sew all parts together, placing as shown in photos above.



Hope you enjoy this pattern!  






Shared link here:

My Merry Messy Life


My Merry Messy Life


Photobucket Becoming Martha
Let's Get Social Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment