Wednesday 12 March 2014

Tomato Zucchini Soup

Recently I have been trying to fill the freezer with meals that will be handy for when I'm in the hospital, and for once we are home with this new baby.  I'm all about convenience and fast meals.  

Here is the easiest soup recipe you have ever made. Well, its not quite as easy as opening a can... but its pretty darn close!






Tomato Zucchini Soup

Ingredients

1 zucchini, halved and sliced thinly
1 can diced tomatoes
8 cups water
4 tbsp Epicure's Vegetable Bouillon Base (or substitute last two ingredients for any 8 cups of prepared vegetable bouillon) 
3/4 c. celery & onions, diced & sauteed (optional)




Directions

Simply prepare the zucchini, add all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes and enjoy!  I only added the sauteed celery & onions because I had them ready for a batch of spaghetti sauce I was making and there was way too much.  I think its optional.  Next time I would try the soup without.




This soup freezes well, and with this recipe I was able to make approximately 10 portions!  Its a great quick lunch and the kids like it so that's always a bonus! 

Although I haven't figured out the details, I am sure its diet friendly... probably wouldn't count as any WW points... Its strictly vegetables and its delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment