Tuesday 19 February 2013

Slow Cooker Curry Vegetable Soup

Yesterday morning I was talking to a friend on the phone.  I was complaining about the food blahs, and how I never want to make supper... I am so sick of everything.  She said I should make soup.  I complained about that because making soup is so much work and so time consuming.  My friend reassured me that it is really not as much work as I thought, and that it would be a great idea to beat the blahs.

So.... Here it is!





Recipe:

1 can whole tomatoes (I mashed them a bit)

1 can black beans (rinsed well)
1 cup frozen corn
3 potatoes cubed
4 green onions diced
1 cup red lentils (uncooked)
1 cup baby spinach chopped
1 each yellow and orange pepper diced
2 cups of Epicure's Vegetable Bouillon, prepared
1 tbsp Epicure's Madras Curry
1 tsp Epicure's Minced Garlic


I added all the ingredients into my large CrockPot.  I added 3 cups of water to top it up.  Cooked on low for 10 hours.


This was delicious. It was hearty and healthy, and even the kids loved it.  You could add more curry, but I didn't want it too spicy for the little guys.

Enjoy!



I am an Independent Epicure Consultant, hence the use of the product in my soup.  :)


Please try it out!  Let me know how it turns out!






No comments:

Post a Comment