Saturday 5 July 2014

Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake

Yesterday I stopped at a roadside stand for more fresh strawberries. I seriously can't get enough! I thought I would share this basic & delicious idea today. Its a perfect summery dessert for breakfast enjoying alone while the kids play outside entertaining! Other than baking the cake, the rest only takes minutes to throw together. Looks seasonal, tastes delightful!






Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake

Yields 12 portions.

You'll need:

1 box mix Gluten Free Golden Cake Mix, prepared per instructions on box
1/2 c Strawberry Jam
1 c Fresh Strawberries, sliced
2 tbsp Honey
Cool Whip

While baking the cake per box instructions, slice the berries into a med bowl & add the honey. Let stand in fridge. I used a brownie pan to make the little cakes individual. You could also make then as cupcakes.

Once the cakes are cooled, spread small amount of jam on each cake. Then top with Cool Whip & the strawberry/honey mixture.



These are absolutely yummy, and I know because I ate one for breakfast to make sure they were yummy before sharing this post! 




Happy eating!


Linked up here:

Foodie Friends Friday
Pin Junkie Pin Party
Bewitch Me & Titi

No comments:

Post a Comment