Saturday 19 July 2014

Fruity Chocolate PB Popsicles

I'm almost out of ideas for the rest of the strawberries that are hanging around here. Tonight I decided to make some popsicles for the week that the boys and I can enjoy in the heat. This recipe is delicious! 








Fruity Chocolate PB Popsicles


3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 c fresh strawberries
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 c honey greek yogurt
1/4 c milk




Before making the recipe, I peeled the bananas and froze them for a few hours in the freezer. This makes their texture really soft and makes it easier to blend without big chunks. (It will also cut the freezing time!)





Simply add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a minimum of one hour, or until you can easily remove them from the mold. 





These popsicles are a great alternative to store brand frozen goodies that are full or artificial flavours and colours, and you might even have all the ingredients in your kitchen!  





My kids think its totally awesome that I let them eat these for breakfast (as I giggle to myself while I'm sneaking bananas into my oldest who "can't stand bananas"... muahahaha).

No comments:

Post a Comment