Wednesday 11 December 2013

DIY Christmas Cards

I have been staring at the supplies to make our Christmas cards for the last couple of weeks.  Things have been crazy around here and I have been procrastinating.  So this afternoon I sat down with a few simple and inexpensive supplies, and I actually managed to finish the job!  Can you believe it?!  I can't!  I am still staring at the pile wondering how I got all 40 cards made in one afternoon!  Most of it was finished before the boys came home, which was a good strategy because they really like to 'help' and I was using a sharp blade and ink stampers.





Anyway, here's a quick look at how very simple these beautiful cards were to make:


Gather supplies:


 



I picked up most of these supplies at the dollar store and at Michael's in the 'cheapo bins' as I like to call them.  The supplies above cost less than $5 total!


Practice using ink:


 

 
 
 
 
This was my very first time using stamps and ink pads so I was nervous to make a mess, but it was super easy! 
 
 
Cut slits to insert photos:
 

 
 
 
 
I just eyeballed this part.  It was pretty simple.
 
 
 
 
Add amazing washi tape:
 
 
 
 

 
 
I have an unhealthy obsession with washi.  Like seriously.  I went through lots of emotions when I used two complete rolls for these cards.  It looks wonderful but it was so sad to see it all gone.  Let's not talk about how the end of the roll was all stuck to the cardboard... ahhhh! 
 
 
I'm so happy with how these turned out! 
 
 
Now to get to the baking and sewing that I wanted to get done before the holidays hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment