Tuesday 19 August 2014

Summer Lovin' - What We've Been Up To

It's been quiet around here (and by here I mean the blog, not our house!). This summer is sailing by, and with only a couple of weeks left until school, we are trying to squeeze in as much fun as we can! I can't believe I started out the summer feeling nervous overwhelmed completely terrified about being alone all day with these four high-energy rug-rats... one of whom spends a good part of his days attached to me. I definitely can't believe how awesome its been. Now, don't get me wrong, there are days when its all I can do to remember to eat/drink something in between feedings, diaper changes, spills, endless mountains of laundry and dishes, and driving the boys around to their activities, etc. etc. All things considered, I think it has gone pretty well!

Without much further ramblings, I'd like to share a little bit of what we've been up to over the past 6 weeks....








I started out this summer by getting in all the Doctor & Dentist visits. Let me tell you how fun immunization day was! 3/4 got stuck. It was pleasant. Then we did dentist visits the following week for the two big boys. I was so nervous leading up to this and so I was preparing them and talking about it often. They were champs! Seriously I don't even think they flinched. We had a wonderful hygienist who took her time to explain things in very kid friendly terms. They both made it through with no issues, except a little cavity for one and 4 sealants for the other. I suppose its not that bad, but with the cavity I really felt like "that mom" who just feeds her kid junk all the time. Of course I don't, but that's what they think, right?







I'm assuming that the boys will be right upset with me for sharing these photos, but I can't help it, I think its freaking adorable! It was a fun experience!


Moving on, we spent a fun family day with friends at a local fundraiser. The two big boys climbed the rock wall. Apparently this is way harder than it appears. Carson tried over and over again until he FINALLY made it to ring the bell at the top. He slept well that night :)





The big boys decided to skip soccer this year and try baseball. I was proud, I have played ball for years and I was excited that they were interested. Well it turned out to be a great choice! They both enjoyed it & were sad to see the season end. They are very proud of their medals!





We enjoyed a great camping weekend and have spent a lot of time by the water. One of the boys' fav places to be is at Great Grandma & Great Grandpa's "pool". My grandparents live on an amazing place on the river at home.





We have spent some great, quality time with Great Grandma One this summer (Ethan fondly named her this when he was just a wee toddler and its stuck ever since. She even signs birthday cards as such). It is such a blessing that GG1 is thriving in her apartment, where she has been staying for the past year. She is enjoying her new home and just loves when we visit. She is a doting grammie to my boys and I don't think there is anything more wonderful than watching my boys with her. 




This photo is a straight up optical illusion. Although my legs are actually that white, they are not even close to that long!





We took a day trip into Algonquin Park and enjoyed the Visitor's Center, and the beautiful beach at Lake of Two Rivers. This wonderful attraction is just minutes from where I grew up and now I love going back! It brings back fond childhood memories. My brother and I spent many days at that beach when we were growing up.




Rowan chose his own table. He ate so it was really hard to argue. The boys always enjoy the Visitor's Center & I like to think they learn something new each time.




This was funny, while scrolling through my phone for photos I found 16 of Carson's knee! So here's one.




This week and last, the big boys are in VBS. They have been having such a wonderful time and they are excited to share what they are learning. I love seeing them become independent in these ways. Its given me some quiet time with the little people, and a chance to catch up on house things, etc.

The next two weeks will be full as we get ready for school and get back into a routine. Its been a wonderful, fun-filled and special time . 

How have you spent your summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment